Po Yu (Jeff) Chen
The mTor (mammalian target of rapamycin) signaling pathway is a central integrator of cellular metabolism.
We have demonstrated that Rheb1 is essential for activity of the mTor signaling complex 1 (mTORC1). Our studies incorporate biochemical, electrophysiology, immunohistochemistry and behavioral approaches using conditional deletion or expression of Rheb1 transgene to reduce or increase mTORC1 respectively. We sought to understand how mTor pathway contributes to neural plasticity, synaptic function and homeostasis in neurons.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Landthaler M, Gaidatzis D, Rothballer A, Chen PY , Soll SJ, Dinic L, Ojo, T, Hafner M, Zavolan M, Tuschl T. (2008) Molecular characterization of human Argonaute-containing ribonucleoprotein complexes and their bound target mRNAs. "14". 2580-96
- Chen PY,Weinmann L, Gaidatzis D, Pei Y, Zavolan M, Tuschl T, Meister G. (2008) Strand-specific 5’-O-methylation of siRNA duplexes controls guide strand selection and targeting specificity. RNA. 14. 263-274.
- Meister G, Landthaler M, Peters L, Chen PY, Urlaub H, Luhrmann R, Tuschl T. (2005) Identification of novel Argonaute-associated proteins. Current Biology. 23. 2149-55.
- Chen PY, Meister G. (2005) MicroRNA-guided posttranscriptional gene regulation. Biological Chemistry. 12. 1205-18.
- Chen PY, Manninga H, Slanchev K, Chien M, Russo JJ, Ju J, Sheridan R, John B, Marks DS, Gaidatzis D, Sander C, Zavolan M, Tuschl T. (2005). The developmental miRNA profiles of zebrafish as determined by small RNA cloning. Genes & Dev. 11, 1288-93.
- Leaman D, Chen PY, Fak J, Yalcin A, Pearce M, Unnerstall U, Marks DS, Sander S, Tuschl T, and Gaul U. (2005). Antisense-Mediated Depletion Reveals Essential and Specific Functions of microRNAs in Drosophila Development. Cell 7, 1097-1108.